Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Attorneys
The intellectual property litigation lawyers at the Pittsburgh law firm of Cohen & Grace, LLC, represent individual and corporate owners of patents, trademarks and copyrights seeking to protect and enforce their intellectual property rights. The firm also defends clients against claims of patent, trademark and copyright infringement. The legal team includes attorneys with technical backgrounds, enhancing the firm’s ability to master scientific and engineering issues that are at the heart of many intellectual property disputes as well as lawyers with significant experience litigating such matters.
Lawyers at the firm handle a range of intellectual property litigation, including matters arising from:
- Patent infringement: In patent infringement litigation, the attorneys represent patent owners seeking to protect and enforce their intellectual property rights. The firm also defends clients against claims of patent infringement. In addition, the firm drafts infringement opinions, noninfringement opinions and clear-to-operate opinions.
- Trademark infringement: The attorney’s help clients protect and enforce their trademark rights. The firm also defends clients charged with trademark infringement.
- Copyright infringement: The firm helps clients enforce copyrights through litigation when necessary, and will defend clients against claims of copyright infringement.
- Trade secrets: Products and processes that are essential to the success of a business may require more than a patent to protect them. The firm helps clients develop strategies to protect their trade secrets and undertakes litigation when the theft of a trade secret has damaged the business. The attorneys also defend clients charged with misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Licensing: If a licensing agreement was violated, Cohen & Grace will help clients recover damages through litigation. The firm also defends individuals and businesses accused of violating licensing agreements.
The lawyers additionally counsel and advise clients in securing, maintaining, protecting, transferring and enforcing their intellectual property rights. This includes counseling clients on the use of licensing agreements for protection of their intellectual property
Information about the firm’s intellectual property litigation team: